Sunday, December 09, 2007

No longer a lost librarian...

I have been found! My official librarianship journey began on July 2, 2007 and I am so very thankful! For those of you currently pursuing your MSLIS, hang in there. Persistence will prevail and the right fit will come along. How much time until that happens is anyone's guess. For me, it was an adventure that included four rejections over the course of a year and a half.

I have been learning the many facets of my position over these past several months and will continue to gain competence for several more. Once "mastery" has somewhat occurred, I will begin to grow as a librarian in this rapidly paced profession. I must admit that it can be a daily challenge to remain current with new technological opportunities in addition to completing all the necessary tasks to maintain and not fall behind during those peak periods of the semester, in academia.

Sincerely,
Sharon

No comments: